The Liebster award goes to up-and-coming bloggers who were found inspiring by their peers. I have graciously been nominated by fellow blogger, Blonde with a Baby! Thank you so much! I really LOVE this blog, so it is such an honor!
To accept the nomination I have been instructed to answer the following questions from, Blonde with a Baby to help give fellow readers more insight about me. I then have to nominate blogs that I find intriguing/inspiring.
Other particulars: -Thank the person who gave you the nomination -Post the award on your blog! -Notify your nominees with a link back to your post -Create a new set of questions for those you nominate
Blonde with a Baby questions for me:
1) Best vacation you have ever taken? Where did you stay? Eat? Play?
Well. This is an impossible question to answer and for that I am incredibly grateful. I guess I would have to say 2012 was the greatest vacation of my life. I didn’t work. All I did was travel with the most amazing man I have ever met. We were in Mexico, China, Thailand, England, Germany, France, Italy, and India. We rode our petal bikes all around China and slept in a tent. We lavished ourselves on the beaches of Koh Lipe Thailand, we stuffed ourselves with family in Italy, rode around the Eiffel tower at midnight, and practiced yoga in India. We have eaten the most amazing things from all around the world and slept in probably 100 different beds. Honestly, perhaps the best part of the “vacation” was landing back in Colorado!
2) Name the top 3 most important moments in your life thus far?
Easy: 1) The moment I decided to stop “partying” in 2005. My life has been a non-stop miracle since then. 2) Boarding my first flight to China in 2008, I felt every minuet tick by and when I landed it felt like I was on another planet. 3) In 2010, the moment I walked into Ross’s Halloween party in Beijing, dressed as a sexy microphone, and met the giant bunny rabbit (man) I am going to marry.
3) What are your “go-to” websites for online shopping? And, why do you like them?
- www.etsy.com Ammmaaaazing selection of so many unique and interesting things! From every category, shoes, to home appliances. Etsy means trouble.
- www.Amazon.com Who doesn’t like Amazon? They have everything, it ships quick, and right from the convenience of your own home.
- I need help here… I am not the biggest online shopper (perhaps a bit obvious from my selections!) and it is difficult to give a third choice. I guess the third site I actually visit is www.Victoriassecret.com. I love how many options there are (sizes, colors, and styles), additionally; all the bathing suits are hot.
4) Describe your favorite room in your house and why?
Well, I don’t have a house. Yet. My parent’s home (where I am staying for two weeks before heading to UGANDA) is lovely and my favorite room is by far the living room. It is huge and gets tons of sunlight. The grand piano sits comfortably in the corner by a large open space of shiny wood floor, the perfect place for our morning yoga practice. Though this is my favorite room I probably spend the most time in the kitchen, or my bed. 😉
5) What is the first song to which you knew all the lyrics?
The Presidents of The United States of America: “Peaches.”
I was in Cotillion (a weekly manners class for the hoity-toity, where you learn how to ball-room dance and what fork to use and when) as a young adult, and I won a cassette tape with one song on it. “Peaches”.
Moving to the country, gonna eat me a lot of peaches. Moving to the country, gonna eat me a lot of peaches. Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory, down, towwwwnnnn.
This is also incredibly interesting because my Chinese name Taozi 桃子 means guess what… PEACH! Crazy yeah?
6) Who is your biggest fan?
Haha. I think I have so many fans! My parents, my sisters, my dear friends around the globe. Peg. But Ross has to be my biggest fan. I know I drive him crazy sometimes and we have spent a lot of time together the last year, so it hasn’t always been easy. But no one has ever taken such good care of me, encouraged me, or supported me as he has. He is so constant and loving… heck, he wants to marry me! Can’t have a bigger fan then that can you?
7) What prompted you to start your blog?
Morgan Hutchinson. A good friend of mine from Beijing. Gorgeous, funny, and a confident young lady, she had a very successful blog in the big city. It has since changed to Blonde with a Baby. She totally helped me start Taozi Tree Yoga, in fact it was first up loaded in her apartment! Her attitude and outlook taught me to shine brightly, to not be afraid of what others think, and obviously inspired me enough to do the same!
8) What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you because of your blog?
Hmmmm…interesting? Well, I have met lots of incredible people who share common interests, who inspire me, or who I just find incredibly entertaining! My younger sister who lives in Uganda and works at a school there recently started her own blog, Namutima, I know she was inspired by Taozi Tree Yoga, and it makes me so happy that now she is sharing her stories with people! If anything, it’s ok if nothing happens to me because of my blog, but I really hope it helps inspire others…and I know that it has. This feels amazing.
9) In regards to reality TV – what is the most embarrassing show that you watch?
I don’t watch much TV. In fact RARELY will you find me sitting in front of the television. However, the last couple weeks I have been watching Downton Abbey, at the request of my parents, and I LOVE it. Guilty pleasure for sure. I claim I am studying up on the historical context of my fiancés native England, but he doesn’t buy it. When I was in high school I watched The Real World on MTV. I learned lots of wholesome and valuable life lessons from that. Ha!
10) Who is your favorite Golden Girl?
I cannot answer this question with adequate understanding of the show, but I love Bettie White.
I happily nominate the following amazing blogs:
My Questions to Them:
1) What were your first words and what do you think they say about you?
2) If you were stranded in doors all day because of a fierce snowstorm, what would you do to occupy the time?
3) What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
4) What are your favorite girl-scout cookies and what do you like about them?
5) Who is your favorite British musician or musical group? What is the song that comes into your head first?
6) What is your favorite smell of food cooking in the kitchen? Who is cooking it?
7) What is one goal or dream that you have that you haven’t shared or owned up to because of fear of not accomplishing it?
8) What are your three best names for a Golden Retriever puppy?
9) If you could have one super power what would it be? Why?
10) Who is your favorite child-hood author and what was your favorite book by them?
And that wraps us up! CONGRATS my fellow bloggers! We look forward to hearing your answers…