Happy Anniversary! Taozi Tree Yoga is officially one year old!
To celebrate we have updated the look of the site, making it fresh and clean, ready for a new year. What do you think!? It feels great to have passed this important milestone in my own yoga teaching, learning, and writing journey. In the last year together, many things have happened and we have grown up so much. Here is a snapshot:
My top 5 favorite stats:
- 14,821 people have visited the site!
- The top three countries are US, UK, and Cambodia?
- The number one blog post was, ‘Tantric Sex On a Saturday Night’
followed by the post about my experience working at Hooters…‘Beautiful Blogger Award’, a bit disappointed here but hey, people are people…right?
- The top searched words that brought people to my blog were, SEX, again ‘Tantric Sex On a Saturday Night’ and PIGS. ‘Meet Your Meat’
- There are 324 e-mail and fellow blog followers. We also have a new Facebook page with growing support… and whoa is me…a Twitter account. The links are located right over there to the right…——————–> Over here——————> haha… 😉 THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
The 3 most important lessons I have learned:
- The more time and thought I put into a post, the better it becomes. Sometimes its alright to just write to have something to post, but when I really put my heart into something, and put in the TIME. It shows. Waiting to hit the publish button always pays off.
- READ OTHER PEOPLES BLOGS! It isn’t all about me. I need serious help from other people in terms of inspiration, information, and PARTICIPATION. It is great, after a year, to have numerous consistent readers. We help each other… and for this, I am so gratful.
- Before I post anything that is in any way potentially harmful to another person, I need to do one of the following things a) write that person and ask for permission to post it b) disguise what I am saying enough so that if the person reads it, they don’t know it is about them and most importantly c) seriously look at why I am writing it and if it is really necessary. I learned this lesson the hard way. We all make mistakes and grow from them… I thought I would share this little tid-bit as it is the most valuable thing I have learned this first year and maybe it will help someone!
We have covered thousands of miles, visited numerous cities, and discussed many yogic topics. I think Patanjali would be proud.
Since starting the site we have traveled to… are you ready?
Italy, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, The United States, Mexico, China, India, Uganda, Tanzania, and Sweden.
Phew! That’s a lot of moving around! And we still are not done! While writing this Ross and I are in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, getting prepared for our coming wedding. To be held here on January 4th, 2014! Very, very exciting.
We are still waiting for answers as to where we will be living, and what we will be doing… but it will all come together as it should. For now, all I can say is that I am so looking forward to the future of Taozi Tree Yoga and am so grateful for the successful first year of my heart song.
Taozi Tree Yoga
Love and Peace to you all.